Re: Some writing about sound

From: Steve Dunham <dunham@cps.msu.edu>
To: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Subject: Re: x2x?
Date: 21 Apr 1998 15:39:49 -0400

Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com> writes:

>  > I'm also running "x2x" which allows me to move my mouse off of the
>  > left side of my i386 Linux box onto the screens of my sparc Linux
>  > box. So I have 3 screens on 2 machines (4 screens, 3 machines if my
>  > laptop is hooked up).  x2x also syncronizes the selection between the
>  > X servers.

>  > (Actually, you could move stuff from server to server using "xmove".)

> Where might I get xmove and/or x2x?

x2x is available as a Debian package, I've also made a RPM package,
you can get it from:

  http://www.cps.msu.edu/~dunham/redhat/

There is a shot of my office in:

  http://www.cps.msu.edu/~dunham/office/office1.jpg

which includes my 3 monitor setup.

The home for x2x is:
  ftp://gatekeeper.dec.com/pub/DEC/SRC/x2x/x2x-1.27.tar.gz

The home for xmove is:
  ftp://ftp.cs.columbia.edu/pub/xmove/

Last I checked (at least a year ago) there were a few bugs, and some
problems with 16 and 24 bit support, but there appears to be a new
beta version out.

Steve
dunham@cps.msu.edu

--