Re: CVS mess

Jarl Wijman <merlyn@iaehv.nl> writes:
> May i ask who makes sure that anything that is checked in
> in CVS, is compileable ?

Everyone.

> One error goes, the next error shows up:
>
> df.o: In function `find_mount_point':
> /usr/local/src/redhat/SOURCES/gnome-utils/gdiskfree/df.c:511: undefined
> reference to `dirname'
> make[2]: *** [gdiskfree] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/usr/local/src/redhat/SOURCES/gnome-utils/gdiskfree'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/redhat/SOURCES/gnome-utils'
> make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

Pleas give us more details.  What platform, what compiler, what libc (in
case of Linux), source of code (gnome-utils 0.20, RedHat SRPM, Jim
Pick's CvsWeb, AnonCVS, CVS), link command, &c.

`dirname' should be part of `glibc' in Linux.  On Solaris, it is part of
`libgen.a'.  On Solaris, at least & on my m/c, `gdiskfree' is linked
with `-lgen'.  If you're using FreeBSD, it appears that `basename' may
be missing.  If so, I wouldn't be surprised if `dirname' is missing too.
Still, you may want to check if you have a libgen.h/libgen.a around.

- Hari