Re: Free QT?

J> On Fri, 23 Jan 1998, Joshua Spoerri wrote:
>> This has probably been beaten into the ground, but can someone
>> please tell me quickly:
>>
>> If LGPL code may be incorporated into commercial software, but GPL
>> code requires derivative works to be free, how is qt's license
>> practically more restrictive than the GPL?

J>   We can't modify Qt's libraries and then distribute them to other
J> people.

And just to demonstrate the importance of that, for months KDE has
been plagued by repeated core dumps on 8-bit displays.  For months,
they've known that it was a color deallocation problem in Qt.  But
nothing could be done about it....

--
Alan Shutko <ats@acm.org> - By consent of the corrupted
Creditors have better memories than debtors. -- Ben Franklin