Re: Fear & loathing with CORBA

On Thu, Jan 22, 1998 at 04:22:59PM +0200, Peter Henning wrote:
> 1) user has corbafied gmix running & visible on desktop
> 2) user starts up speaking calendar or some such program
> 3) gmix slider controls wiggle around spookily all by themselves
>    as the 2nd program sets mixer levels via the exported gmix
>    CORBA API
> 4) user runs screaming for the hills?
>
> Actually this could be kinda fun.

"Well cool" would be my reaction.  But then I've always wanted one of
those fully-automated room-sized mixing desks.

Should the speaking calendar be messing with mixing levels anyway?
Maybe I (the user) don't _want_ it to drown out my music -- if I did,
I'd have faded its channel up already.  Take your point though.

-dan