Re: imlib now under automake/autoconf

On 24 Feb, Mark Galassi shouted:
->
->  GNOME amigos,
->
->  Over raster's dead body I have put imlib under automake/autoconf.
->
->  I believe that it all works well: if you use it with a very current
->  gtk+ snapshot you can run imlib/utils/imlib_config (which uses imlib)
->  and it seems to work.
->
->  There is now a HACKING file that basically tells you to type
->
->  aclocal
->  automake --add-missing
->  autoconf
->  ./configure
->  make
->
->  in the top leve imlib directory.
->
->  The configure.in and Makefile.in files in the subdirectories are now
->  deprecated and I will eventually "cvs delete" them.  (First I want to
->  make sure that I did not miss anything.)

It doesn't make shared libraries, and thus does not install them.. not a
very useful thing... :)

->  Of course it's hard to keep up with raster's fast coding pace, and he
->  has already added a bunch of new stuff: a TEST directory and what
->  looks like a solaris packaging directory.

The test thing has been there a while.. just some minor changes.
Personally I'd liek to stop coding Imlib for a little while and work on
themes.... I'm trying that right now...

Apparently libpng1.0 is due out any week now, so I'm waiting for it to
hit 1.0 before I change any of my png code... just incase they change
their API again.

->  I will be looking in to catching up with these latest changes from
->  raster.

there porbably won't be many until libpng1.0 hits the streets... I
hope. I would like Imlib to remain static for a while at least...

->  And a note to you, raster dude: can you please give me some feedback
->  on whether this works for you?  I would love it if you were to use my
->  new automake/autoconf stuff in your own development.

Missing shared libs... big hole :)

--
--------------- Codito, ergo sum - "I code, therefore I am" --------------------
raster@rasterman.com       /\___ /\ ___/||\___ ____/|/\___  raster@redhat.com