Re: session management support

[ session management stuff ]

Tom> What do you think?

Carsten> Sounds good to me.  I don't see any problems with it right
Carsten> now.  We only have to make sure, that the right state is
Carsten> restored with an '-init' call after a new login, even if we
Carsten> handle more than one session.

FYI I implemented this idea.  See

	gnome-libs/libgnomeui/gnome-startup.[ch]

There's only one function in there; it acquires the "token"
(implemented as an X property).  I also updated the *-properties
programs to use this.

Tests with gnome-session seem to indicate that it works.

Note that gnome-session should now be basically usable.  It starts the
panel by default.  I'd be happy if people would use it and send in bug
reports.

Tom