MICO idl memory usage

<delurk>
i'm trying to write a program where a large portion of its objects are
available via CORBA (using MICO). Whenever i try *any* of the MICO demos
the IDL compiler runs out of memory very quickly (e.g. after <10 seconds).
Even on the very simple demos (such as mico/demo/account). I've tried IDL on
a 4 line class (hello world) and have the same problem.

i'm using gcc 2.7.2 on an ancient 486 (8M ram, 32M swap). i can increase
my swap space but surely something is broken if idl needs this much space
for trivial compiles (or is there something special happening behind
the scenes that i'm missing?).

BTW i'm new to the CORBA world (and GNOME, GTK, ...) so bear with my
stupidity for awhile please.
BTW2: i compiled MICO on a pentium, >64M mem, and installed on my 486.
Surely this couldn't be the problem?
 </delurk>

ADVthanksANCE
  - arp
--------
There is a theory that states that if anyone discovers exactly what the
Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be
replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.
There is another theory which states that this has already happened.
--- Douglas Adams (RATEOFTU)