Re: About the Gnome Help browser

Miguel de Icaza <miguel@nuclecu.unam.mx> writes:
> Ok, you asked for them :-):
>
> 	1. An input line where I could type in an URL for looking it
> 	   up quickly.

This is on the TODO (of course, the TODO is called README, so you
didn't see this :-).

> 	3. I would like to be able to type in URLs as available on the
> 	   KDE help system: examples: "info:(emacs)", "man:read(2)".
> 	   I do not care if this is not perfectly consistent with some
> 	   standard.

This too.  If anyone has any thoughts about these URLs we'd love
to hear them.

> 	   In this case, I believe it is more important to make life
> 	   easier to the user and not force him to type in a man page
> 	   like this:
>
> 		file:/usr/X11R6/man/man5/TestX.5x

Definitely.

> 	   Note also that Gtk/XmHTML already parses the URL and
> 	   already recognizes the info: and man: special urls.

I'm not sure we'll ever use that feature of GtkXmHTML.  I'll check
it out, but we have a system that is quite extensible and we'll
probably stick to that for a while.

-Marc