Re: not clear on the concept

> So a gnome app is more-or-less a gtk app with some extra standard
> features? So I take it that there will not be any non-gtk gnome
> apps? In particular, I'm wondering about gnustep (jokes about
> vaporware aside).

I think the rough consensus is that anything that can provide the look
and feel of Gtk is all right, although not for core apps. Although
most widget sets provide a Motif-like look similar to Gtk, few provide
the same mechanism for dynamic configurability which is being worked
on for Gtk; when the theme stuff is ready the problem will become even
more severe. In particular, I suspect that GNUstep apps will all rely
on a hard-coded NeXT-looking widget set and will obey NeXT-like
interface guidelines, which makes it dubious that they could meet the
Gnome guidelines as well.

 - Maciej Stachowiak