Re: ANNOUNCE: Style Guide available for review.

On 13 Feb 1998, Russell Nelson wrote:

>  > Applications should be written in such a way as to provide an
>  > easy to use interface to the user.  This means striking a median
>  > between power and flexability.  It does not mean bloating a
>  > traceroute GUI to the point of user confusion.
>
> Does anyone know what Gnome is?

I think Larry Ewing had a drawing of one...

> I'm not trying to dictate anything particularly since I haven't (yet)
> contributed anything, but it certainly seems that a number of
> participants (in the mailing list anyway) are confused about what
> Gnome is.
>
> If Gnome is a desktop, then UI consistency is not bloat.  Period.

If simple 'utility apps' that don't need menus act more like dialogs
you would pop up from the panel, then you don't break any consistancy
since the panel has a menu.

--
Shawn T. Amundson		Complete Internet Solutions
Senior Systems Administrator	Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA

while (i) { last }
    i, do exist.
    forever;