Re: Back to gnome 0.12

Mario Filipe <mjnf@uevora.pt> writes:
> On 13-Feb-98 Tom Tromey wrote:
> > Mario> I'll start working on the portuguese port as soon as I can !
> >
> > One other thing I remembered: when doing the translations, you'll also
> > want to do translations for the strings in the .desktop and .directory
> > files.  You'll have to dig through the source trees to find these.  It
> > should be fairly obvious what should be done there...
>
>         OK!
>
> >hopefully you
> > know the 2-letter code for Portugese, because offhand I don't.
>
>         pt ????

Yep.  From the ABOUT-NLS file in virtually every gnome-* topdir:

  You may reach your translation team at the address `LL@li.org',
  replacing LL by the two-letter ISO 639 code for your language.  Language
  codes are *not* the same as the country codes given in ISO 3166.  The
  following translation teams exist, as of August 1997:

     Chinese `zh', Czech `cs', Danish `da', Dutch `nl', English `en',
     Esperanto `eo', Finnish `fi', French `fr', German `de', Hungarian
     `hu', Irish `ga', Italian `it', Indonesian `id', Japanese `ja',
     Korean `ko', Latin `la', Norwegian `no', Persian `fa', Polish
     `pl', Portuguese `pt', Russian `ru', Slovenian `sl', Spanish `es',
     Swedish `sv', and Turkish `tr'.

- Hari