Re: key themes (cont.)

>> Why not just an easy frontend to do what xmodmap does?  X already
>> has a concept of "keymappings" which allows for a given key to be
>> mapped to a symbolic entity.  E.g., Backspace doesn't work in
>> Netscape by default under linux because netscape expects backspace
>> to mapped to the "Backspace" keysym; under Linux, it is mapped to
>> the "Delete" keysym.

As Elliot says, a port of xkeycaps is on the to-do list.

However, this won't really satisfy the need for key themes.  As I
understand it, we can't just randomly introduce new keysyms.  So,
e.g., we couldn't make one called "cancel" that we could then bind to
cancel a dialog.

Support for this sort of thing has to be in gtk/gnome.

Tom