RE: Menus (was RE: Shortcuts ??)

On Thu, 12 Feb 1998, Paul Hepworth wrote:

> The Conditional Cascade Menu does all this already (see OS/2 / icewm /
> DFM (although DFM's don't popup or indicate selected menu item as they
> should yet)).
> A selectable cascade is obvious because it has the arrow button while an
> unselectable (normal) cascade does not.  The bold default on the cascade
> is implemented in OS/2, of course; I just forgot to mention it.
> If anyone hasn't tried conditional cascades and has access to OS/2, I
> urge you to try them.  You'll like them!  We really should have them in
> gnome/gtk!

	(I can't resist!)  You forgot olwm.  (Although most people don't
use the feature.)  If you left click on a menu, you get the default
behavior...  If you right click, you get the menu.  Right clicking also
selects the menu at the point where the default is.   Of course, most
people turn that off since left clicking seems "more intuitive" and thus
you get a little messed up if you don't want the default.

						-Ben

Benjamin Kahn                        /,`.-'`'   -,  ;-;;'
(212) 924 - 2220                    |,4-  ) )-,_ ) /\
 If you love something, write it in C; if it compiles, it is yours;
                     if it doesn't, it never was.