Panel works! (sort of)

G'day All,
  Well I have most of the new Gnome CVS tree compilied and working, which
is kinda nice!

I also got the Gnome panel to work.  I suspect it is a horrible hack that
I have done here, but hey I have no idea what I am doing (but I have a
panel and you don't :)

When I compiled panel, I just stuck a -lpanel_menu at the end of the link
line:
scooter$ gcc -I/usr/local/include -L/usr/local/lib -o panel gdkextra.o applet_files.o main.o panel.o panel-widget.o panel_config.o -lgnomeui -lgtk -lgdk -lglib -lm -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lSM -lICE -lX11 -lXext -lSM -lICE -lgnome -ldl -lpanel_menu

That was enough to get it up and going, have all my nice menus (and the work
too!)
I could configure panel by right clicking on the panel itself.  When I tried
to configure panel from the menu (foot->panel->configure) it crashed.
stderr said:
** ERROR **: sigsegv caught
living objects (324):
0x8091308: GtkEventBox ref_count=1
0x8090e30: GtkLabel ref_count=1
[plenty more objects here]

I'm not sure if my "modification" is the cause or not.

So if you want a panel, and dont' mind not using the config routine in the
menu list, then you can get one.

  - Craig

--
Craig Small VK2XLZ, PGP: AD 8D D8 63 6E BF C3 C7  47 41 B1 A2 1F 46 EC 90
|@work: csmall@scooter.o.i.net,            @play: vk2xlz@vk2xlz.ampr.org|