Menus (was RE: Shortcuts ??)

> I don't have a Mac.  What is this folder halfway down thing?
>

> Paul
>
> I don't either but having used one.....
>
> imagine this is your cascaded tree
>
> menu  _Pictures_______Fantasy
>            |                              |_Photos
>            |                              |_Clipart__picture1.gif
> |_picture2.gif
> |_...............
> On the Mac you could select say the clip art folder and it would open
> the
> folder
> ...../pictures/Clipart.

Ahh.  Just like my conditional cascade suggestion I just posted.
BTW, on my conditional cascade posting, I said you have to click the
arrow button or cursor over it to bring up the cascade; actually, it
will pop up if you just move the mouse over the arrow button while the
mouse button is held down (very natural if you are a
drag-across-the-menu kind of guy as I am).
Conditional cascade menus do exactly what you are asking for.  And,
because they have a different appearance from regular cascade menus, it
is clear that the item is selectable.  (How does Mac indicate that you
can't select the "halfway-through" item?)

Paul