Re: gnome yellow sticky project

Aldy Hernandez <aldy@abulafia.uaa.edu> writes:

> Miguel and co.: is this [legally] acceptable for a gnome project?
> Damnit Jim, I'm a programmer, not a lawyer.

Well, Michael has answered all our questions.  xpostit+ != freely
re-distributable.  Perhaps we're better off starting anew.

Aldy
----

From: "Michael J. Hammel" <mjhammel@fastlane.net>
Subject: Re: xpostit+ for gtk?
To: Aldy Hernandez <aldy@uaa.edu>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 18:06:30 -0700 (MST)

In a previous message, Aldy Hernandez says:
> Hmmmm... I was reading the distribution policy and am a bit unclear.  Is
> your work GPL'ed?  Do you mind if I fork off a different version?

No, its not GPL'd.  Its available for private use only, not for
redistribution except for CD distributors and in an unmodified format.

I would prefer you not use XPostitPlus source in any version that will be
freely re-distributable.  Thanks.
--
Michael J. Hammel           |
The Graphics Muse           | I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every