Re: Mico Performance && Re: mico RPMS

> I think we should CORBA-fy c++ - we have the client send over the source
> code to our GNOME compute server object and the server returns the .o
> files, etc.  We will need some method in the client for sending the server
> requested system header files and libraries.  Just kidding.

Only slightly more serious: instead of a compiler, how 'bout an interpreter
service: you could send it scripts.  Make interpreter itself corba-fied, and
your scripts themselves could utilize the methods.  Instant Mobile Code/
Mobile Agents/whatever.

#psuedo-corbaperl script
$me = Interpeter::getSelfObjectReference();
if (Interpreter::loadAverage > $somevalue) {
  $new = $someOtherInterpreterObjRef;
  Interpreter::move($me,$new);
}

--
                                                               Urmane Hendrake
"Apology accepted, Captain Piett."                             aka Jim Niemira