Re: Compiling gnome-libs........

On Tue, 29 Dec 1998, Gabriele Giorgetti wrote:

> Gleef wrote:

> > [snip]
> > >
> > > Well that's what i get doing  nm libz.so |grep compress in
> > > /usr/local/lib:

<massive snippage...sorry, look in the backlog if you want to see
everything>

> I use Slack 3.6 with no shit installed ;)

And that tells me the problem right there.

I'll assume that 'no shit installed' doesn't disclude XFree86, which means
you installed it from the CD...in the /usr/X11R6/lib directory is libz.a.
eliminate it, try the compile again.

Ugly way to do it, but it works for me.