Re: Libgtop compile fail

Gleef <dzol@virtual-yellow.com> writes:

> When compiling libgtop off of CVS today, I got the following error:
>
> gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -D_IN_LIBGTOP -D_GNU_SOURCE ...
> netload.c:33: netinet/ip_fw.h: No such file or directory
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/net/src/gnome/libgtop/sysdeps/linux'
>
> I'm running a RedHat system with a 2.1.131 kernel and the
> glibc-devel-2.0.106-0.981209 RPM from rawhide.  While this file appears in
> the older glibc-devel-2.0.7-29 RPM, it is not in the newer version.  I
> don't know if this is an oversight on the part of the glibc developers, or
> if the file is being depreciated, but switching back to the linux/ip_fw.h
> on my machine does not fix the problem.  It instead dies with:

I guess it was an oversight on the part of the glibc developers - kernel
2.1.130 still has an <linux/ip_fw.h> header file but we can't include
<linux/*> under glibc - so this glibc header file is needed to get everything
from <linux/ip_fw.h>.

Anyway, I only needed this #include lines from <netinet/ip_fw.h> - so I placed
them directly in netload.c:

#include <netinet/ip_icmp.h>
#include <netinet/in.h>
#include <netinet/ip.h>
#include <netinet/tcp.h>
#include <netinet/udp.h>
#include <net/if.h>

> Any ideas?  Or do I have to downgrade glibc for now?

Just update your LibGTop - it should work not.

However, if your glibc misses any of the following you should probably report
this as a bug to the glibc maintainers and/or downgrade to a stable version:

#include <netinet/ip_icmp.h>
#include <netinet/in.h>
#include <netinet/ip.h>
#include <netinet/tcp.h>
#include <netinet/udp.h>
#include <net/if.h>

Martin

   Martin Baulig - Angewandte Mathematik - Universitaet Trier
   martin@home-of-linux.org, http://www.home-of-linux.org/