Re: Compiling gnome-libs........

On Mon, 28 Dec 1998, Gleef wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Dec 1998, Gabriele Giorgetti wrote:
> > Hi guys I've just downloaded gnome 0.99 tarballs ...
> > I've read and follewed the gnometar guide infos on www.gnome.org
> >
> > Now while compiling gnome-libs i get this undefined reference:

(...)
> > ../gtk-xmhtml/.libs/libgtkxmhtml.so: undefined reference to `uncompress'
> > ../gtk-xmhtml/.libs/libgtkxmhtml.so: undefined reference to `compress'
>
> Looks like it's having trouble with your zlib.  First, make sure there is
> one and only one libz.so on your system (having two copies in different
> directories is often the problem).  Then go to the directory where zlib is
> kept, and type:

FAQ 4.4.6

--
Todd Graham Lewis       tlewis@mindspring.net      (800) 719-4664, x2804

"It's still ludicrous that nobody's ever made a run at us by making UNIX
 a popular platform on PCs.  It's almost too late now."  -- Steve Balmer
"It is too late."   -- Bill Gates             _Newsweek_, 6/23/97, p. 82