Re: Adding actions and default bindings to the file manager

> How about a "file-start[,priority]: <pattern>" option as well (like
> what the file command does).  It's more heavyweight than ext or file
> name regex, but it's more accurate in many circumstances and it can
> deal with things like binaries where the above couldn't (elf binary
> browser couldn't be written to use mime types for example.  No way to
> specify a pattern).

This is done by a separate module in GNOME.  It uses a magic-like
database and uses a similar engine to guess the mime-types of files
based on the contents.

This method is intended to be used only in the "I have enough cpu/disk
speed" mode.

Miguel.