Re: BUG: Gnomine

On Thu, 24 Dec 1998 13:29:22 -0500 (EST), bratsche@dfw.net <bratsche@dfw.net>
wrote:

>It seems that the mine map is being generated upon program initialization,
>when it really should (imo) be generated after the first mouse click. Often
> you can click a square and instantly lose.

You're not using your psychic powers well enough... FOCUS!

The minesweeper game has an element of chance as well as skill. Changing it
from the traditional rules wouldn't make too much sense. OTOH if you provide
a patch to fix the problem with gnomine window not getting managed by the wm
correctly, and it happens to also change the first-click behaviour to the way
you want, I don't think anyone will complain TOO loudly ;-)

-- Elliot
"In film you will find four basic story lines. Man versus man, man
 versus nature, nature versus nature, and dog versus vampire."
    - Steven Spielberg