Re: Staroffice / KDE withouth KWM

  Hi,

  Thanks for the corrections.

> StarOffice is not a KDE app. It just set kfm's mime types.
   Well, I've 'heard' it is a 'KDE app'.

> Oh God, again .... Both KDE and GNOME works with any window manager, but
> it's better to use "kdeified" and "gnomeified" wm's. Difference is that
> KDEers wrote a new wm and said: "Look ! That's how wm must work ! Don't
> like it, don't use it!". I can even cite KDE help (KWM's faq):

  Again, it seems that I was wrong. This time I'm at fault. Gnome
info stresses the fact taht its WM-independent (moreover it does not
include one).  KDE info (from the site intro) says sg like
'KDE is more than a WM, actually only less then XX% of the code
is the WM'.  It doesn't say that it requires KWM, but you get the sense.
The FAW you quote is more explicit on this:

> "5.1 Why should I use kwm?
>

> I spent several days in learning how to configure 10 different window
> mangers. Now that I have 678 lines of resource files doing exactly what
> I want, you are coming along and want to take my window manager away!
>
> Answer: You should not, it is only a free offer. KDE supports all
> current window managers, but to get the full benefits it is recommended
> you use kwm. "

  I'm learnig!
   cheers,
     /Adam/