Some bugs in Gnome 0.99.0

1. Versioning of dynamic libraries

Version numbers of .so in gnome-libs, ORBit and others seem to be out of
sync with package versions. libgnome.so.0.30.0 seems inappropriate for
gnome-libs-0.99.0-1.*.rpm. I've made patches to some of the libraries,
but since they use different techniques to provide parameters to
libtool, I gave up. I've submitted this along with patches to
GNOME bugzilla.

2.Gnome-Session.

If I run gnome with standard xsession, panel saves and restores its
configuration nicely. Gnome-session behaves strangely. When I start it
with minimal number of applications (manually deleting some from
.gnome/session) it starts OK. Then when I exit (no matter how - kill or
normal exit) any application, gnome-session process jums to
100% CPU load, but nevertheless seems to store settings of current
applications. Restarting session helps to lower CPU usage until the
first application exits. In combination with gnome-session, panel do not
always save its preferences.

3. Gnome-pager.

It works (tried it with E 0.15 and IceWM 0.9.21). When I add it to panel
it does not appear until I move panel from one screen side to another
(and back). If saved in panel preferences, on session startup it can
show itself or not depending on its own will (moving panel helps).

--
Pavel Polischouk
pavelp@geocities.com