Gnome & WindowMaker 0.20.3

Everytime I try to run panel from my .xinitrc my CPU utilization goes up
to 100% and won't go down. I have RH 5.2 running with WindowMaker
0.20.3. Also, whenever I try to run a gnome app, sometimes, it loads
twice - I've checked my mouse settings and it is not that I'm executing
the app twice by mistake. Whenever this happens, my CPU utilization goes
to 100% also, even though I may not be running any other apps on my
desktop.
BTW - I have a P266 with 128MB Ram.

Thanks for any suggestions or ideas.

Edward Gonzalez