Re: ORBit 0.3.90 Compile problems...still...

> Hi,
>
> jrista> Hi Again,
> jrista>
> jrista> I managed to fix my first problem compiling ORBit. The IDL problem. But now I still have the problem of the compiler not finding some CORBA_Something types. The errors are as follows:
> jrista>
> jrista> In file indluded from orbit.h:61,
> jrista>                  from allocators.c:5:
> jrista> ../orb/dii.h:92: parse error before 'CORBA_OperationDef'
> jrista> In file included from orbit:67,
> jrista>                  ftom allocators.c:5:
> jrista> ../orb/orb.h:107: parse error before 'CORBA_Object_get_interface'
> jrista> ../orb/orb.h:109: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
> jrista> ../orb/orb.h:201: parse error before 'CORBA_StructMemberSeq'
> jrista> ../orb/orb.h:209: parse error before 'CORBA_UnionMemberSeq'
> jrista> ../orb/orb.h:216: parse error before 'CORBA_EnumMemberSeq'
> jrista> ../orb/orb.h:230: parse error before 'CORBA_StructMemberSeq'
> jrista> gmake[3]: *** [allocators.lo] Error 1
> jrista> ...blah blah...
> jrista>
> jrista> I have browsed through the GNOME CVS in the LXR section, and when I bring up dii.h or orb.h there are no crossrefrences to these types/functions/whatever they are. I have a feeling that interface_repository.idl generates these types in interface_repository.h, but I cannot compile interface_repository.idl without getting other errors (mentioned in my previous post). I'm really stuck here. Is there a previous version of ORBit that Gnome 0.99 will compile with? My system is FreeBSD 2.2.7, with the latest GNU tools (i think). Thanx for any help.

As you observe, the error is in the idl-compiler, it tries to use indent with
all kinds of fancy commandline parameters, the short term solution is to
build ORBit as follows on FreeBSD:

rm -rf ORBit-0.3.90
tar zxvf ORBit-0.3.90.tar.gz
cd ORBit-0.3.90
./configure ....	<-- insert your favourite configure options
vi config.h

	Now look for a line with '#define HAVE_INDENT 1' and *uncomment*
	that line.

now type 'gmake'

and all should  be fine.

The long term solution is that configure should see that the indent in
question does not support the commandline parameters it is used with, and
should automatically fall back to 'cat'.

I'll look at it when I have more time.

Regards,
Marc.

Marc van Kempen                 BowTie Technology
Email: marc@bowtie.nl            WWW & Databases
tel. +31 40 2 43 20 65
fax. +31 40 2 44 21 86         http://www.bowtie.nl