Gnome on HPUX - a tip/hint

Okay...  I was convinced not to give up on Gnome.  I downloaded the 0.99
release and have been working to get it working.  Next week when I'm back
at work, I'll actually post some fixes for HPUX that should be rolled into
the source.

However, I have been having a lot of trouble with stuff dying, or seg
faulting right on startup.  After installing KDE, the same thing was
happening over there as well.

After reading the archives for KDE (which you can search - hint hint)
someone had posted that this happened when compiling with optimizations in
gcc, but by turining these off (vi configure; s/-O2//) that it worked.
Sure enough, after recompiling kde-libs with no optimization it worked.
I just did the same thing with Gnome, and have found it to be a lot more
stable.

Of course, this is obviously no fault of the the Gnome coders, but I just
thought I'd pass this discovery along in hopes that it'd help others.