GNOME wishlist

I'm not sure if some, or all, of these ideas are implemented or not, but a
buddy and I came up with these ideas over lunch this afternoon:

The position, desktop and z-order of new windows should be configurable
based on the type of window.  For example, I want all my Netscape FTP
windows to go to one desktop, all my term windows to go to another, my irc
windows on yet another desktop, etc.  I also want any new netscape window
created with "Open Link in New Window" to appear underneath my current
window.

I believe that some of these things could be accomplished at the window
manager level simply by looking at the title of the window, but having the
new netscape window appear below the current window on an "Open Link in
New
Window", but above the current window on an "File...New Window" would take
some communication between the application and Gnome and/or the wm.

Cheers,
Chris

Your life would be very empty if you had nothing to regret.