Re: Spaces in file and directory names.

In message <m3hfuvb37m.fsf@hydro.gen.nz>, Sam Vilain writes:
+-----
| Also, if we ever port to the Mac, that filesystem even supports "/"
| characters in filenames, from what I've heard.  Maybe we don't care
| about that.
+--->8

Macs use a colon as a path separator, i.e. "Apps Drive:App 1:Data Files:Foo".

People who've used older Unix office programs (i.e. Uniplex word processor)
often have files sitting around with strange names.  GNOME programs should not
fall over when confroonted with such.

--
brandon s. allbery	[os/2][linux][solaris][japh]	 allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator	     [WAY too many hats]	   allbery@ece.cmu.edu