Post-Freeze Build...

Apologies if this seems naive, or has already been beaten to death, I
had a look through the mailing archive.

What branch of gnome-libs/core should I now be building on ?

a) GNOME_STABLE, and risk code above and below me diverging and breaking
itself and me

b) HEAD and be uncertain as to when fixes to GNOME_STABLE will be merged
?

Will fixes to GNOME_STABLE be incrementally merged into HEAD, or just
the once before the release ?

Shouldn't all gnome-code underlying, and preferably that overlying
gnome-libs/core, also fork a GNOME_STABLE branch, so that I can count on
a stable build of everything if I check this out ?

It was hard enough maintaining a 1.0 and a 1.1 installation of glib,
gtk, ..., gnome-lib etc. I would not look forward to trying to keep a
HEAD and a GNOME_STABLE installation going, especially when I have no
idea which branch to compile current gnome apps on top of.

What's going on folks ? Could we have a definitive answer on this one.
I'm sure many other people must be wandering the same things.

Jules