Re: Newbie install problem

On Thu, 17 Dec 1998 mvc@hops.cs.jhu.edu wrote:

> I hope this is the right list, but htere was no place I could find the answer on the
> gnome.org page.
>
> Basically, I tried following the instructions for the debian install, and it didn't
> work. I installed apt, and editted my sources.list file to point to where the page
> told me. No dice when I ran dselect or apt-get. I tried messing around in dselect,
> but still no good. I'm sure there's an easy answer to this, but I can't find it...
> Please help.
>
> Thanks for your time.
>
>     -Mike Chmielewski

What DEBIAN distribution are you using?
If you are using Slink (the current frozen) or Potato (the current
unstable) then you don't need to do what's written on the GNOME page
because Slink and Potato already includes GNOME in the main tree.
So you only have to select the gnome stuff you need in dselect.

Well, I use debian but I compile GNOME from CVS and don't use the debian
packages. And I'm currently not sitting on my LINUX box.

Cheers, Martin.

| Martin Hawlisch                           |
| http://freddy.rz.fh-mannheim.de/~hawlisch |