Re: Help Compiling gnome-libs

Jesse D. Sightler wrote:

> >I get the following error message when trying to compile gnome-libs from
> >CVS on redhat 5.2
> >
> >../gtk-xmhtml/.libs/libgtkxmhtml.so: undefined reference to `uncompress'
> >../gtk-xmhtml/.libs/libgtkxmhtml.so: undefined reference to `compress'
> >make[1]: *** [htmltest] Error 1
> >make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/gnomecvs/gnome-libs/gtk-xmhtml'
> >make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
>
> I have had the same problem with any program that attempts to link with
> gtk-xmhtml (which includes the htmltest that you mention).  I still don't
> have a clue what the cause might be, though.
>
> Jess

  Me too. The information in the FAQ (or where it was) doesn't help
much, i.e., I removed libz.z, uninstalled libz-devel, removed
libz.so.1.*, downloaded a fresh libz, installed it and the build
barfed again.
  However, I managed to do the link by adding "/usr/local/lib/libz.so"
at the end of the link command (no -l, no -L, no nothing).

Hope this helps for a while.
Regards,
-velco