Re: Tcl/Gtk? gtk_signal_connect_interp?

"Yo 'Ric Dude" <ericmit@ix.netcom.com> writes:

> I was wondering if anyone was knowledgable in the ways
> of connecting an interactive interpreter to the Gtk
> event loop, and was interested in sharing such knowledge.

Yup.  Let those questions keep rolling in.

The first thing you need to get straight is the mapping between the
Gtk+ run-time type system and the TCL `type system' (cough).  You need
to find ways to convert between each of the `fundamental' types of
Gtk+.  They are listed in gtktypeutils.h as GtkFundamentalType.

Ints, floats, doubles, strings, enums, flags should be easy.  Pointer
does not need to be wrapped.  Boxed and Object is more complicated.  I
think in TCL you need give these things names.  Callbacks should'nt be
any harder.

When you are at that point, gtk_signal_connect_full is a piece of
cake.

- Marius

--
Gnome: the excentrifugal forz.