Re: File selection dialog changes

On Tue, 15 Dec 1998, Jeff Garzik wrote:

> Erik Andersen wrote:
> > Perhaps this is the time to create a gnome specific file dialog.
> > As you say, we can't have Gtk mucking about with CORBA.  How about
> > this:  I could rev Gtk and simply hard code several common file ops (cut,
> > copy, rename, mkdir, set permissions) fairly similar to what is already
> > there.  Then Gnome could later add decorations via CORBA (i.e. open,
> > open with..., mail to, etc... using a gnome-file-sel-dialog>  The Gnome
> > stuff could be added to some future rev.  Is Gtk going to be frozen as
> > well?  If so I really need to get home and start coding this up!
>
> You probably saw Miguel put his foot down.  :)  I would say feel free to
> code up gnome-file-sel, but it probably won't make it into a core lib
> (gtk or gnome) before the freeze....
>
> 	Jeff

Yeah.  He's probably right.  There is no way I can get all these changes
done before 5pm US Eastern time.  Is there an official TODO list somewhere
where we can add this too?  I would like to make these changes when I have
a bit of time.  For now, I suppose I'll have to wait until a new unstable
branch appears.  Oh well. GnomeHack still needs hacking... ;-)

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   Web:    http://www.inconnect.com/~andersen/
                   email:  andersee@debian.org