gtkrc

  I noticed (on gtk.themes.org) that the new GTK+ automatically loads ~/.gtkrc
on startup.  Currently, Gnome programs load their settings from in
~/.gnome/gtkrc, but it seems to me that it would be better to just use
~/.gtkrc, letting them share configuration with all other programs on
the system.  (and, of course, the theme switcher should be updated)  I assume
it wouldn't be too hard to do, probably only gnome_init and the theme-switcher
need to be modified? (and grep gtkrc `find . -iname "*.c"` should turn up
anything else)  Suppose I could even do it myself once I get this stuff
to compile again..
--
  Daniel Burrows

"I think that the surest sign that there is intelligent
 life out there is that none of it has tried to contact us."

  -- _Calvin and Hobbes_, Bill Watterson

PGP signature