Re: Spaces in file and directory names.

In message <yd67becsgc.fsf@euler.adams.com>, Gisli Ottarsson writes:
+-----
| Please lets not talk about this any more.  I am convinced.  Spaces are
| an essential ingredient in any good file and directory name.
+--->8

Don't be a smartaleck (although the "here's a nickel, get yourself a better
shell" responses weren't much better...).

Nobody's claiming that spaces are *good*; the reality is that they're
*inescapable* in the world of people used to Macintosh and Windows 9x/NT.
Complain all you like, but learn to live with them --- your users won't give
you much of a choice.  (And your scripters might be forced to learn proper
quoting; dunno about you, but I find that any script with loose quoting is a
potential security hole when run by root.)

--
brandon s. allbery	[os/2][linux][solaris][japh]	 allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator	     [WAY too many hats]	   allbery@ece.cmu.edu