Re: gtk+ and glib

Charles Collicutt wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Dec 1998, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> > Charles Collicutt wrote:
> > >    The "What is CVS?" page at www.gnome.org recommends installing both the
> > > glib and the gtk+ cvs modules. I've already installed gtk+ 1.0.6 (from
> > > ftp.gimp.org, not using cvs), am I right in thinking that this includes
> > > glib so I don't need the gtk+ or the glib cvs modules?
> >
> > GNOME requires the latest Gtk+ and GLib, so 1.0.x won't work...
>
> Oh, but gimp is incompatible with gtk+ 1.1, do 1.0 and 1.1 share files?
> i.e. can I have both installed at once?
>
> --
> Charles

They don't share files, but you can have both installed at the same
time, because the 1.0.x libs are [libglib.so.*] and the 1.1.x libs are
[libglib-1.1.so.*]. The only problem is that only one version of the
development libraries should be installed at once (you can have both,
but it's easier to just have one).

    Jim Cape
    http://www.jcinteractive.com

    "All animals are equal, some animals