Re: error in loading shared libraries!

Hmm.  If you could answer a couple of questions for me:

- Are you running Red Hat?  You don't want to go deleting stuff if
  some rpm put it there...

- Can you give me the output of `ldd <a gnome program>`, and the
  contents of /etc/ld.so.conf?

--
Ian Peters		``Never attribute to malice what can be explained
ipeters@acm.org			by stupidity'' -- Hanlon's Razor