Re: Can't compile gnome-libs

Todd Graham Lewis wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Dec 1998, Jeremy Wise wrote:
>
> > As of a week ago, I've not been able to get gnome-libs to compile.
> > Normally I just hack up a couple files, but this time it's a little more
> > extensive.  Could someone let me know what I'm doing wrong or what I'm
> > missing?  I'd greatly appreciate it, as developing Gnome apps w/o Gnome
> > working isn't very easy :(
>
> McFly, read your email.  I have posted my fix for this to the list today
> not once, but twice.  Read the archives on the web page if you don't have
> it in your spool.

Likewise with you, Todd.  (c:  Felix already answered your original question:

> `./autogen.sh' command line.
>
> processing .
> Creating ./aclocal.m4 ...
> Running gettextize...  Ignore non-fatal messages.
> ./autogen.sh: gettextize: command not found

This means that you're lacking the latest gettext (v10.35), which includes
gettextize.  When gettextize doesn't run, configure ends up with a whole
string of strange errors.  The first error is usually the true cause.

John