Re: SECURITY: bug in Berkeley DB on some systems (eg. Solaris <= 2.5) [#375]

> Our usual arrangement for groups that want to use Berkeley DB,
> but also want their software to be freely available for
> commercial use, is that we allow them to distribute Berkeley DB
> using their license (whatever that may be), with the exception
> that Berkeley DB may not be extracted from the distribution and
> used under that license, and the application may not export the
> Berkeley DB API.

This sounds ok with me.

Amy, we would like to use Berkeley DB 2.xx in the GNOME libraries, a
package that is released under the terms of the GNU Library GPL.

You can find more information about the GNOME project here:
http://www.gnome.org.

Best wishes,
Miguel.