RE: Patch: panel size at startup

> On Thu, Dec 10, 1998 at 07:11:23PM +0100, Richard Hult wrote:
> > For the last couple of weeks, maybe longer, the panel has not had the
> > right height right after startup. If I drag the panel with the 2nd
> > mousebutton to one of the other sides of the screen and then back, it
> > gets the right size.
> >
> > The attached patch fixes the problem, but I'm not sure it's made the
> > right way (as usual ;).
>
> it's not 100% correct as the bug must be somewhere else .. (it's never
> supposed to happen (what is happening)) ... I put it in though as it
> doesn't hurt ... there is probably a race or something on startup of the
> panel that I'm missing

I tried to run it through gdb to see where it actually happened but I wasn't
able to find it. But at least I don't have to drag my panel around every
time I start it anymore :-)

If that could help hinting to a bug, I remember that in the beginning, the
panel got its right size, then suddenly it started too small and got resized
when certain applets were started (can't remember which ones, probably the
biggest), and then a few weeks later I had to drag it around too make it
right.

Richard