RE: FW: gnome

On Thu, 10 Dec 1998, Fox, Kevin M wrote:

> This is a good thing. I just dont want to see VFS as a requirement for gnome
> 1.0 progrms until it is descussed alot more.

It is not a requirement for GNOME programs.  Nobody ever mentioned making
it a requirement.  It is an option for GNOME programs, and I would be
dumbfounded if it wasn't in the GNOME 1.0 distribution, since it is part
of the GNOME API, and it is an important part of one of the core GNOME
programs.  It harms nothing, it is useful, I fail to see your objection to
it.

-Gleef

PS: AFAIK, the only library required for GNOME programs (from a developers
standpoint) is libgnome. Even libgnomeui isn't a requirement.