Re: build dependencies

Hi,

>>>>> On Wed, 09 Dec 1998 00:56:23 -0800
>>>>> Jonathan Sergent <sergent+gnome@kgb.etla.net> said:

 Jonathan> Something like a file in each module called .build-deps
 Jonathan> with module-name: other-module other-module other-module

 Jonathan> Just build ordering dependencies, not run-time
 Jonathan> dependencies, else you end up running in circles.

Why not use the cvs module system for that? I.e. for each module
foo having dependencies, you define a new alias foo-dep that lists its
dependencies. For example, you'd put the following line into the
modules file:

gnome-games-dep -a gnome-core-dep gnome-core gnome-objc-dep \
	gnome-objc gnome-guile-dep gnome-guile

That means that gnome-games depends on gnome-{core,objc,guile} plus -
recursively - their dependencies.

If checking out gnome-games, I issue "cvs co gnome-games" as usual.
Whenever I want to check out all things needed to build gnome-games, I
do "cvs co gnome-games-dep gnome-games".

Building a graphic representation of the tree by analyzing this file
also seems quit easy.

	Robbe

--
Robert Bihlmeyer	reads: Deutsch, English, MIME, Latin-1, NO SPAM!
<robbe@orcus.priv.at>	<http://stud2.tuwien.ac.at/~e9426626/sig.html>