Re: Compiling imlib from CVS source

On Tue, Dec 08, 1998 at 11:40:02PM -0700, Mark A. Pitman wrote:
> Is anyone else having problems compiling imlib from CVS?  I am getting
> the following error:
>
> pd3:/usr/local/src/gnomecvs/imlib# aclocal
> aclocal: configure.in: 11: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in library
>
> i'm not really sure what to do?

It is not finding the libtool.m4, which is typically found in
/usr/share/aclocal. First make sure you have libtool 1.2, autoconf
2.12, and automake 1.3 installed on your machine. Then, when you try
to conpile things, you will want to just run the ./autogen.sh script,
which will take care of things like aclocal for you. Just try running
./autogen.sh, and then ask again if you still have problems.

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   Web:    http://www.inconnect.com/~andersen/
                   email:  andersee@debian.org