Re: gnome

I think this is getting a bit out of hand.

Here's an example of why adding the vfs to the kernel would
essentially suck.

I run FreeBSD at home.  If I want to use mc's ftp vfs right
now, I can, without a problem.  However, if the ftp vfs stuff
was built into the kernel (and we're talking linux kernel
here), then that feature would simply not be available in the
mc for FreeBSD.

So, what's being proposed is a system that we can be certain
would have less functionality (for me and any other FreeBSD,
Solaris, Irix, etc folks) than what we currently experience.
The gain would not be an increase in functionality.

>From this perspective it's a patently lame idea.

good night,
scottwimer