gnome

Hmm, how should I state this...
I just wanted to make sure everyone is thinking of gnome as an addition to
the base os.
Please, Please, PLEASE don't make it an operating system on top of an
operating system like microsoft did with windows. Please design librarys
that work with base linux or whatever in console mode. There should only be
a few libraries that are X only. This allows programs to share correctly. An
example ICQ. There is a linux library released that allows for console icq
but a graphical program can also make use of it. My main concern it the VFS
code i am hearing about. All filesystem stuff should be implemented at the
kernel/module level allowing all programs to use it without modification. If
you implement VFS, only VFS aware programs will be able to use it.