Re: how should po/Makefile be created?

In message <13933.23824.101308.171573@pooh.u-net.com>, Felix Bellaby writes:
+-----
|  > (Assembled GNOMErs:  the above is seriously weird.  But a look at our old
|  > gettext installation demonstrates that it has the same configure/install b
| ug.
|  > Or am I missing something that is supposed to be obvious?)
|
| It seems that the new configure scripts try to use whatever you have
| installed on your system (old gettext, catgets, gnu gettext) so
+--->8

But this happens on all our systems (just *try* to convince me that Solaris
2.6, Ultrix 4.4, and Linux use the same i18n :-) and I specified
--with-included-gettext to build it with the GNU API, not whatever the native
one was.  And it installs to /usr/local, unlike the vendor-supplied one.

Note that it misinstalled even if there was no existing share/gettext in the
target.

--
brandon s. allbery	[os/2][linux][solaris][japh]	 allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator	     [WAY too many hats]	   allbery@ece.cmu.edu