GLIB compile problem (dependencies?)

Hi,

I just downloaded a snapshot of GLIB 1.1.4 (although the README calls it 1.1.6). The autogen.sh script executed fine, but when I type make I get the following error:

"Makefile", line 534: Need an operator\
Make: fatal error encoundered -- cannot continue

I scanned Makefile for line 534 and this was the line:

-include $(DEP_FILES)

further scanning for any refrence to DEP_FILES turned this up:

DEP_FILES = .deps/garray.P .deps/gcache.P .deps/gcompletion.P \
.deps/gdataset.P .deps/gdate.P .deps/gerror.P .deps/ghash.P \
(more .deps/gsomething.P files)

the .deps directory does not exist anywhere on my filesystem. What is the problem, and is there a fix? I have the same problem with anything that uses an autogen.sh but I never have this problem with anything using configure scripts.

My system is FreeBSD 2.2.7, XFree86 3.3.2, all GNU compileing tools.

Jon Rista
jrista@netaddress.com

Jon Rista
jrista@juno.com (primary)