zvt/gnome-pty-helper troubles

It seems that the zvt widget will fail to work correctly if gnome pty
helper dies as soon as it starts.  This should be fixed.

Also, for some reason, you can't always open /dev/tty, open returns
-ENXIO, on RH 5.2.  I made gnome-pty-helper do its best with the current
stderr if it can't open /dev/tty.  Is this ok?

Miguel, this fixes my - gnome-terminal hangs on session restart problem,
just to let you know.

Manish Vachharajani               Some Haiku: A crash reduces
<mvachhar@vger.rutgers.edu>                   your expensive computer
                                              to a simple stone - Unknown