Re: gnome-libs/zvt not compatible with Solaris (2nd try)

In message <199812032222.QAA20028@erandi.nuclecu.unam.mx>, Miguel de Icaza writ
es:
+-----
| > Same problem for me, Solaris 2.5 & 2.6, except that it's in the standard
| > libraries (libsocket.so.1), not in libucb, so configure will always find
| > it (-lsocket is used by other libs).
| > The only problem is that this implementation differs from the one found
| > in linux (the latter being POSIX).
|
| I can not find the socket library being looked up by configure.in.
| Can you provide me more details?
+--->8

A number of GNOME-ish packages (and a huge number of unrelated packages) have
the usual failure to recognize that the resolver and sockets are not in libc,
so Solaris users tend to habitually do "LIBS='-lresolv -lsocket -lnsl'
./configure".  sendmsg() is therefore found via $LIBS.  (This is not a
Solaris-specific problem, any System V Release 4 derivative will have this
problem.)

Not doing this is not an option, as some things I'm building are still broken
in this fashion.

configure should probably test for the streams stuff first and override the
socket stuff in that case.

--
brandon s. allbery	[os/2][linux][solaris][japh]	 allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator	     [WAY too many hats]	   allbery@ece.cmu.edu